Monday, May 24, 2010

Black blood parrot cichlid?

I think the sales clerk lied to me! I just bought a "blood parrot" from petsmart. But this fish is ALL black. She said that it would turn red as it gets bigger. I've seen a lot of baby blood parrots and none of them were black. Some had black spots but none were all black.
I just want to find some information about this fish. Anyone have any idea what it could be? It looks like a parrot fish, about 3 inches long, and is all black.
Thanks for your help!
Answers:
All black parrots are not that uncommon. They will change color as they grow, but they can vary in their colors, since they are a hybrid, and several different species have influence in the mix. Usually the darker ones are the ones that get really pretty, and have alot of resemblance to synspillums. Feed a high quality food like New Life Spectrum, and you will see some serious colors appear in the next year.
That would be rare indeed, but not impossible. If you can take a photo of the fish and post a link that would help so very much.
Feel free to email me if you need help posting the picture or help with the fish.
MM
sorry it is too difficult to understand
its a baby that hasnt changed colors yet, i promise!
Do you love Cichlids?
Come to my newly made forums, complete non-profit www.cichlid-board.tk and become part of the community!