Monday, May 24, 2010

Betta Fish Diet?

I've been feeding my 3 betta fish 2 pellets of Sanyu Betta Gold every other day and I've had them for maybe 3 months now. At first, 2 of them used to eat the food really quickly, and the other would take it's time, but now all 3 eat their food as soon as it's in the water. Are they eating so fast because it's not enough? I've been thinking of increasing their intake...
Answers:
I would. I generally feed mine twice a day. For one feeding they get 4 betta pellets, and the other they can have more pellets, frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, daphnia, or live mosquito larvae.
You should be able to tell by the curve of their stomach if yours are getting enough to eat - you want the belly to be slightly rounded. See the photos in this link: http://www.bettatalk.com/food.htm...
You could feed 4-5 pellets a day and be fine. I wouldn't do any more than that though. Feed more than 4-5 a day and you will have water quality issues.
I think fish are just greedy, They have been known to eat and eat till they explode . Just keep at what your doing ,
I've had my beta for a year and sometimers he's aggresive about his food and sometimes he's not
It's just a personality thing in my opinion
i feed my beta fish Monday Wednesday and Friday but never on Saturday and Sunday then you feed it again on Monday routine
i have one betta and the guy at the pet store said to feed it little meals often. i use flake food. the guy said to feed them 2 times a day. 4 flakes in the morning, and 4 flakes in the evening.
i am not to sure about pellets. read the instructions on the bottle or switch to flakes
their main diet is flakes.
you can give them pellets but they don't really like it.
Once in a while you can give them frozen bloodworms or live brine shrimp. They love it.