Saturday, May 22, 2010

Betta compatability?

Are Rams compatible with a Betta in a large enough tank? I know theyre not aggressive to other fish but Im wondering how they would do with a long finned fish.
I have a ten gallon tank that I can put the Betta in but if it can be with the rams ill put it with them in my 30 gallon and stick my angels and swordtails in the ten. (They killed my last betta, =[. Ive learned my lesson)
Oh and dont worry, its only three small Angels and four half-inch swords. Theyll be okay in the ten.
Right now I have two rams but if i stick the angels in the ten ill buy about three more. (If its okay with you guys)
Answers:
The only reason why the fish grow slow is from tank size the angel needs 10gallons each and they grow 6-8inches.
The betta and rams woud be good in the 30gallon tank just put alot of plants.
The swordies would be good with the angels but its best to get them a 30gallon too.
I wouldn't put the betta with rams. Angels and swords together need a tank bigger then 10 gallons. Even if they are small. They will out grow it easily.
yes rams will be fine with bettas. Add alittle extra cover with live plants.