Saturday, May 22, 2010

Beta fish?

would a snail be ok to put in a bowl with a beta fish?
Answers:
Omg, I have a Betta Fish. I also have snails in it from my science class. Wanna know what happened? The snails were fine... in fact, they had babies... so now, I have 17 snails, and they are small so my fish doesn't mind. So, snails are fine, just get small ones. Platinum, my fish loves them! Its so cute because sometimes he thinks its fun to nudge them with his nose and make them fall off the wall, accidentally of course. I totally recommend it, since they clean the tank as well! Just make sure to take them out before you clean the tank!
Well, I wouldn't recommend it becuase snails carry a lot of disease that could kill your betta.
you shouldn't have your betta in a bowl in the first place
they belong into at least a 2.5 gallon tank with filter and heater and a live plant
then you can make additions like snails and shrimps to it


Hope that helps
Good luck

EB
Hi,
I also have a Beta fish named Myrtle! They're so beautfiful, aren't they?
Yes a snail would be fine; they are good for the water and keep it clean.
Enjoy your pet!
I hope this helps! =D
I wouldn't keep a beta in a bowl, but yes I suppose. Just make sure the snail doesn't crawl out!
FishieFin 鈾?
i wouldn't recommend the bowl setup but yes a snail would be fine.
to the coment about the bata having to have a fillter is not true but a plant would help for oxygen