Monday, May 24, 2010

Betta fish help?

what is the easiest way to clean a betta fish tank? without doing it manually, because i heard that bettas hate moving water.
Answers:
I use a water filter system that hangs from the side of the tank.
like Whisper Power Filter found at walmart.
It keeps the water really clean.I've had my betta(male) for about 4 years now with no problems. You might want check into it!
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...
A small one is only like $12 or so.
Try a small hose, and suck the water out. That's what I did for my fish tanks.
Bettas don't HATE moving water. They prefer to live in calm water and don't like a lot of current, but some moving water during a water change is not going to kill your fish. He will not hate you forever, or start to hatch a diabolical plan to kill you in your sleep. It depends on how big the tank is on how you clean it. With some of my tanks, I use an aquarium siphon/vacum and suck the gunk from the bottom and then refill with treated aged water. Some of my tanks I gently remove the fish and place in another container with some of his current water and then just dump the dirty water down the sink, give the tank a good rinse, add in the aged treated water, and then gently place the fish back in the tank.
The easiest way is to scoop the Bettas out of the tank, and then do a gravel vacuuming. They don't hate moving water, but strong currents make it difficult to swim because of their long fins. For more Betta help, check out the link in my profile.
Nosoop4u