Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bass in an aquarium?

I have two convict cichlids in a 30 gallon aquarium. They are a mating pair, and have laid the eggs. I have another 30 gallon in the basement with nothing but 5 neons in it. I was wondering if I could catch a few small bass from a lake and put them in the 30 gallon in my basement to eat the convict fry. I know my neons will be eaten and I'm fine with this. Thanks!
Answers:
I would suggest you go for a smaller species than a bass. A bass will quite quickly out grow that tank. Try a bream or crappie or for a tropical species, a Two-spot Pike Cichlids would be perfect.
MM
i don't think its a good idea.u might try but i don't think they will last to long.......
I don't think this is a good idea, because bass require different water chemistry then neons. I suggest you jsut buy more fish at a petstore.
No, you really shouldn't... Unless you plan on constantly changing the water in the that it's exactly the temperature that of the level it's exactly the temperature that of the level that the bass normally reside in, etc... All in all, it's really hard to duplicate the lake situation, and your bass would likely end up dying.