Monday, May 24, 2010

Betta fish tank help?

I broke my air stone and I want to know if I could still use the filter to keep my fish alive until I get another air stone.
Answers:
Yes of course, Airstones are not needed in aquariums alo they do help, And can look atractive, And you could just run the airtubing in to the tank and have 1 bubble instead of lots just till you get a new one, Maybe get 2 and keep one as a spare
~ GG
yes, that should be fine, hope you get the airstone soon!
and if you are wondering, walmart sells airstones too!
YES U CAN JUST USE UR FILTER FOR NOW
BUT JUST REMEMBER TO GET ANOTHER AIR STONE...
bettas dont really like that much water movement to being with but they adapt to it. so it should be fine maybe he might even enjoy it for a little while until you get a new one.
If you have an under gravel filter (its what my betta's tank has) then Im sure you can use it without the stone, but the stones arent that expensive, so I wouldnt put off buying a new one too long.