Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A question?

i want to know if u can feed red blood worms to salwater fish
Answers:
I keep both fresh and saltwater tanks. Although my freshwater fish love them, I haven't had any saltwater fish that have shown nearly the same amount of enthusiasm for eating them. I've seen bloodworms suggested as food for saltwater fish, but since they're the FRESHWATER larval form of a terrestrial insect (they can be found in almost any lake, pond, stream, or river), I'm not sure that most saltwater fish recognize that these are even food.
That said, it would be possible to feed them to the fish - I just can't say with any certainty that the fish will eat them. They wouldn't be harmful as an occasional treat, but they shouldn't be used as a sole food. I always prefer to give my saltwater fish a basic diet of flakes or pellets, but any frozen live foods I give, I try to match with the environment where the fish would naturally be found - so for saltwater fish, I would give mine enriched brine shrimp, plankton, krill, clams, etc. based on the size of the fish.
Yes.
red blood worms are actually the larval form of the phantom midge fly. as a growth stage they are high in fatty lipids and an excellent food source.
as they cannot transfer any diseases to saltwater fish go right ahead but make sure they get eaten.some fish may not like them