Friday, July 31, 2009

Anyway to remove Ick Stain.?

I had a nasty case of ick recently. The medicine stained my silicon and hoses blue. Anyone know of a way to remove the blue from the silicon?
Answers:
Just leave them don't try to hard to remove it from the silicone because if you do you can loosen it up and the tank will leak or break.
I had that and couldn't clean it. For the next time, do not use any products like Jungle brand because they don't work and stain. I suggest using CopperSafe.
No, I'm sorry I do not believe that you can remove the stains.
I know that cold cream (like Pond's) can get methalyne green (sp?) off of your hands, and so can vinegar. You could try rinsing your tank with vinegar, or smearing some cold cream on the stained parts, to see if that helps. The cold cream may not be as easy to try, but the vinegar certainly should be easy enough - and safe, I would think, for any future fishes as long as you rinsed it well.
Hope this helps.