Thursday, July 30, 2009

Anole egg found?

Hi everyone,
Today I found what I think is an anole egg. It was under the log I have put in their tank. One of the male lizards was laying on it to keep it warm. I called Petco to see if I should take it out...and they said yes. So I did and it is under the light on a tupperware cover with mulch that is wet. It is night time now, and I am wondering if I should turn the light off for the night. Or lower the light and put the egg directly under the lamp?
And if you have any other advise on how to care for this egg and to keep it safe and alive...I would greatly appreciate it. Also, once it's hatched, should I get another tank while it is still little?
Thank you!
Answers:
wrong section mate.
Try reptiles. but congrats if it is an egg, i have only one green anole so i dont expect eggs anytime soon.