Friday, July 31, 2009

Anyone ever eat a pet tropical fish??

I have never really thought about it until today. My friend saw my six 6" Silver Dollars and my two 8" Albino Oscars and asked me am I building them up to be on my dinner plate. Piranha are hunted for food, Silver Dollars are very much like Piranha and would probably taste the same. I know for a fact that Pacu is on the menu in some restaurants, and at least I know what my fish are eating. But the question is ' Would you do it?'
Answers:
Kevin Kline did in "Wanda" - remember?
Nah, too expensive, and I don't like fish anyway!
i have tropical tank and the answer is no!!
What are you talking about? Of course! I have Neon Tetra kabobs when I have friends over all the time! A little barbecue sauce, and it tastes just like grilled salmon!

No, I wouldn't eat an aquarium fish...
You have issues...and NO, I would not!
i know for a fact that they raise my dojo loaches for food in china and my parents were so interested in seeing that i had gouramis once. i asked why and they said that they ate those in the philippines. i was like really? hmm
I guess the closest thing to pet tropical fish i've eaten is a tilapia, since people do keep them as pets and they are easily harvested for food, but nothing from my tank. Waay too expensive is right! lol
ew no i wouldn't poor cute fish
Whats wrong with you and/or your friend, but I guess i've thought about it too but it sounds gross, after you see how they live what they do, but fish are living decor!!
no, its wrong to eat ur pets. i mean, would u eat ur dog or ur p*ssy? *snigger*
back from the country i came from piranha is quite tasty
just make sure when you catch it its dead before eating it
it leaves a nasty tiny bite otherwise
no unlike certain countries i am not into eating pets
I think a lot of tropical fish are too small to have much meat on them.
No real reason why not I suppose apart from the size of most of them. I tend to go in for the smaller varieties and it would take fair few tetras to fill a sardine tin!!
So No, I haven't and I wouldn't.
i think thats gross
well I've at a fried mosquito fish before
YES IV DONE IT IV EATEN 6 GOLDFISH AT A PARTY I WASNT HUNGRY I JUST DONE IT FOR A LAUGH! I DIDNT CHEW THEM I SWOLLOWED THEM LIVE. I WOULD HAVE HAD 7 BUT AFTER 6 I WAS FULL :)
errrrrr wt are ya on bout a NO i dont fink any one would and if they did they must hav a sick mind ??
no no one will never eat a pet because:

p:praising kind
e:encouraging
t:tiny
now u understand
How funny! I personally wouldnt BUT my father had a cray fish/Blue Lobster in his community tank, it was only about 2 inches when he bought it and it grew and grew and grew, it was huge and one day my father was so fed up with it because it kept uprooting the plants and destoying the tank, that popped it in a pan of boiling water and had it for his lunch, and was very tasty!!