Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are my mollies.??

I have two female mollies, a lyretail Creamsickle/Gold Dust (not really sure, she was sold as Creamsickle) molly that had babies about a month ago and a lyertail Dalmation molly. Are they both pregnant? Is just one going to have babies? And if so, how soon? Is it too late to put them in a breeding box? Should I watch them the whole day?
Also I have included pictures of my male Sailfin Dalmation molly. Lyretail Sailfin crosses are goreous! I had two babies that were gold dust out of a lyretail gold dust mama and a sailfin dalmation male and they were adorable! They were sadly eaten alive.
Anyway, I have another question, can my mollies have babies from both the store and my male in one birthing? Like she has lets say 30 fry and so can 13 be out of my male and the rest out of the stores? Or is it she has the store babies the first three months, and then has the babies with my male?
.::::pictures below:::::.
Answers:
In my experience it's very hard to tell if they're pregnant or not
I have one dalmatian mollie that never had babies, but the white ones I had had constantly offspring
Just keep watching her
But my recommendation is NOT putting her in a breeder because they are quiet big, and it will only stress them out and may cause abortion
The best thing to do is getting a bunch of live plants for the fry to hide, the fry is quiet hardy, and I haven't seen any of my mollies ever eat their offspring

Hope that helps
Good luck
EB
yup they are preggers!